– Still off for the summer and loving every minute of it. Yesterday we played with our rice sensory bin, I cannot recommend that bin enough. It lasts a long time and my four-year-old especially is just fascinated. She keeps asking for me to cook rice, lol. We are going to make Crock Pot Play-doh for our next sensory project and we are in the process of putting up our rain gutter book shelves.
– Our Frozen in July family night is canceled because B decided that she wants to have a Frozen birthday party in September. If you are interested in a Frozen family night now check out my Pinterest Pages (You can get there by clicking my links to the right of this page page). I have a page devoted to Family Nights with tons of Frozen ideas like this awesome milk shake below.
– Yesterday, We also went to Big Splash again. The CDC issued an alert a little over a week ago about public pool parasites that you can view here. We are still going but I am bit nervous. I appreciate the communication.
– In my subscription box world, I will be posting the July Homegrown Collective today or tomorrow, and I have a few Hampton’s Lane Boxes I need to get caught up on. I usually opt for a different box than the one they offer monthly so you will be seeing some past boxes. B and I still need to go do our photo shoot for Sprouting Threads but it may be postponed until after her surgery tomorrow. My PopSugar has not arrived but I am crossing my fingers it will be in today. I should also be receiving Happy Mail and Messy Box. I have received both for a few months now but have never put up a review, I plan to add them this month. I have a few other subscriptions (Try the World/Orange Glad) that have run into shipping issues, but they are keeping us apprised and should be here soon.
– A few people recently asked me about my subscription box reviews and how I choose what to review. The purpose of this site is to help working/stay at home parents, achieve their best life possible. That does not mean I overlook single individuals. I think anything anyone can do to help relieve stress is so important. Most of us try to budget our money as well, no matter what your marital status and I have found subscriptions to be a great way of getting new items for a fraction of what you would pay in traditional stores. It is true I don’t review all of the boxes out there, I never will. I am looking for high value subscriptions that can make a difference in either my readers life or help people in need. Those are the type of subscriptions/products you will find on this site. I really try to emphasize boxes for kids that foster quality time fun with true educational value. If I accept a free box, it will be something I have already tried on my own, and a company that I have researched and believe will do a good job. Hope that answers a few questions.