– Last night after a long week with many appointments, I sat together with my husband and a glass of wine and created some crayon art for our kids play room. I had no idea we would like creating these crayon canvases, but we really enjoyed ourselves; the Farmer’s Market Strawberry Wine we purchased may have assisted us a bit. We are in the process of removing all of the little ones toys from their bedrooms and just making a space for them to learn and discover. My first step is to create the atmosphere. I have always loved and wanted to try the crayon art signs that you see on the internet. Here is a quick look at what we did last night. I also found some huge art paperclips to add on the wall. I will post pictures and discuss the process once we get everything hung up.
– Speaking of appointments, I was a frazzled mess taking my 2-year-old A to Occupational Therapy and to an auditory appointment. The OT went fantastic, I love his worker. The auditory was a bust. He just would not let them put the bud in his ear, it was a painful process. To be honest, I have no idea why they even thought they could do this with a kid that has a sensory processing disorder, but at least they didn’t torture him. They are sending us to a specialist next. I still view this as a win, we are heading in a good direction.
– B also went to her first half day of Pre-school. Once again mom was a nervous wreck. I kept waiting for her to melt down and cry. She was very shy but did not cry and really seemed to have a good time. I met several parents and was shocked at how friendly and kind they all were. One of them even checked on B for me so I could leave knowing she was doing well. B’s favorite is their class pet bunny. She said she would like to go back and play with her friends. Total Win!
– Today I should get reviews out for the Summer Causebox and ToGo Spa Society, both amazing companies with fantastic products and great values. Tomorrow I am taking B out for a fun mom/daughter photo shoot to introduce you to Sprouting Threads. I wanted to get the photo shoot done earlier this week, but we have had heavy rain every day and flooding. PopSugar should also arrive any day.
– Michael’s had a sale on all of their frames and custom framing yesterday. I took my lemonade print from the Summer Causebox and had it framed for just $9.99. I love the way this looks, and it has such a great message.
– I went to my first Fit Body Boot Camp class yesterday, and had a great time. The work outs are fast paced, which really works in my favor because it is over before you know it. Totally kicked my butt, and that is a good thing. I went ahead and signed up for six weeks. It may sound bizarre, but it was tremendously hard for me to step foot in that gym. I am proud that I did. Fit Body Boot Camp is a chain, my chain is for women only. They really welcomed me and I would recommend checking them out. In my busy world I like that the workouts are only about 40 minutes and you actually make appointments which makes you a bit more accountable. The only mishap I had was that my sneaker kept falling off. Time to get a new pair.
– What made your week special?