My Pretend Place
Cost: $50 quarterly costume box or $15 monthly craft box
Shipping: US with additional costs for Hawaii and Alaska
Coupon: Click HERE and use code PRETEND at checkout for 30% off your first box. You can only use this code once so consider using it for the Costume Box if you are getting both subscriptions.
– My Pretend Place is a newer subscription that encourages pretend play and creativity. They offer a quarterly dress-up box and a monthly craft box. This review is for the quarterly dress-up box. For fifty dollars you receive a box full of high quality dress up clothing, a book, a craft and goodies. There are three different types of costume boxes to choose from: Neutral, Boys or Girls. This review is for the Girls Box. On the months that you do not receive your Costume Box, My Pretend Place sends out a DIY craft and other ideas. You can see our June DIY at the end of this review.
– We received the red version of this box but loved them both. You can still purchase their pink version for $60.94 plus shipping at the My Pretend Place Shop.
– I was very impressed with the size of this box and the amount of contents. Everything was in perfect condition and we could not wait to start pretending. One of the biggest highlights of our first box was when B put everything on by herself.
Here is a quick look at all of the items:
Item One: Superhero Eye Mask
Item Two: Superhero Cape
Item Four: Super Hero Shield
Item Five: Dex The Heart of a Hero
– I plan on getting B this subscription for the year for her birthday, I resubscribe another subscription closer to Christmas for her as well. I felt the costumes box was absolutely worth every penny but, the crafts and ideas on the off months really made this subscription just amazing.
Here was our June DIY craft that goes with the theme of the quarterly crate:
– B received a letter from the “Commissioner” exulting her super hero feats. There were different ideas to take your play even further such as a super hero obstacle course. She also received stickers and a skyline scene. The stickers were a little hard to take off so make sure you help your little one.
Value: Overall I think there are very few kid subscriptions that offer so much for so little. My daughter was so happy dressing up and completing her crafts. I cannot recommend My Pretend Place enough.