Disclosure: This post contains referral links.
Shipping: United States
Coupon: For the next four days Rue La La is offering your first box for $15 (reg. $21) or a six month subscription for $96 (reg. $126). You will need to make a Rue La La account but that is not such a bad idea since they often give $10 to $25 free credits after a few weeks. You will receive an email within 24 hours to activate your account at http://www.glossybox.com and you must redeem by September 15, 2015. In the email there will be a coupon code and you will put that in at checkout.
Note: It is my understanding that this works if you are a current subscriber and cancel your account or your account expires. I actually plan to pick one of these up as my account does not renew after this month.
– When I am working I try to spend as much time with my kids evenings and weekends. I do not have as much time to shop as I would like. To be honest, I don’t stay current with trending beauty products at all. Subscriptions have really helped me keep my makeup drawer current and have introduced me to some great products.
– For those of you new to GLOSSYBOX, it is a monthly luxury beauty subscription that offers five deluxe or full size products each month. They also include a products information card that outlines the contents of each box.
– Qualitytimes7 pays for this subscription. GLOSSYBOX packaging is by far the best out of all the subscription boxes I receive and it is wonderful to receive a few high end products each month. I actually use the boxes for gifts and storage, they are that sturdy. I should also note that in over a year I have never once received a product that was in poor or dented condition.
Item One: City Cosmetics City Lips in Clear (Full Size $35)
– Full Size and pays for the whole box and then some! I had to try this out immediately. Not only is it a new product for me, the idea that this is a safe way to enhance and increase lip volume was a bit exciting. I have not used plumping gloss in many years. The clear reflective gloss is a perfect accompaniment to a natural summer look and I know I will be using this a lot. I did find it a tad uncomfortable which is normal for these types of products, but not painful. The final result was gorgeous. Note: There is another color variation of this product, it has a light pinkish tint.
– Too Faced Cosmetics Better Than Sex Mascara set out to create a build-able mascara and developed this carbon black, collagen-fueled formula, which enhances lashes more and more with every coat. I could not try this on fast enough either. The hourglass-shaped brush definitely volumized my lashes as it lifted both top and bottom lashes. I think I have found my new go-to mascara. This is why I love this subscription, two wins and I have just begun.
Item Three: Nexxus New York Salon Care Color Assure Restoring Conditioner (Deluxe Sample 8.5 0z $10 estimated value)
– I recently received the shampoo variation in another Glossybox and was considering purchasing the shampoo and conditioner. I really like the scent, it is Wild Orchid. I also have color treated hair, so this a great formula. I have purchased Nexxus shampoos for years and have not been disappointed. The formula does contain sulfates which for some may be a deal breaker. I do wish I could have tried the shampoo and conditioner at the same time but I am grateful to give the conditioner a go.
Item Four: Etre Belle Cosmetics Aloe Vera Ultra Moisturizing Gel (Full Size Retails $24.95)
Item Five: Orly Nail Lacquer in Pure Porcelain (Mini $4)
– Etre Belle Cosmetics Aloe Vera Ultra Moisturizing Gel offers summer hydration through a lightweight, oil-free formula packed with liposomes. The gel can also act as a skin-plumping primer, and improves skins overall elasticity. This feels cool going on, but it is a bit sticky. I think this is perfect for after swimming with the kids.
– Orly Nail Lacquer is not a new product for me and I really like the mini size. It will make a cute gift. I am not a huge nail polish fan but the color is very pretty.
Overall Value: I think this was one of my favorite Glossybox to date. The estimated value is around $88, that is just amazing considering you can pick up a box for $15 or a six month subscription for $96 by clicking here at Rue La La. Glossy box does send out variations in each box but they are very open about the variations and the values typically end up about the same. Think about it, just this box would cover almost a full six month subscription. What’s not to love?