– My family has had had a lot of fun at Big Splash Water Park this week, well most of us. I am currently nursing a sprained ankle. Talk about embarrassment, I fell going into the wave pool. Mommy moments. I expect to be better in another day or so. I even went back today with my husband and the kids and the limp. This time thankfully I did not fall, and the water felt so good in this heat.
– I attempted to complete my first homework assignment for my photography class using the instructor required settings (see above photo). I think it may have something to do with the Aperture, but it looks like I have some work ahead of me. This camera is a loaner, I am still waiting on mine to arrive and I can’t wait.
– I was up until six in the morning with my kids last night. While they chilled, I created a wish list. These shoes are on the top of that list, so cute. I am going to get season tickets to the Opera for our anniversary this year and try to get a hotel package in October so we can get away. I told my husband we are going to get all dressed up and go on a proper date a few times this year.
– I don’t know if I ever shared this but we have not purchased cable in about ten years. I do have Netflix and Amazon prime for the kids. I love how there are no commercials and I can monitor what the kids are watching. We read a lot…I read a lot. Currently I am reading Dietland by Sarai Walker. I just finished Denton Little’s DEATHDATE. Not sure if I liked it or not. It was cute, a fast read and a tad funny but, maybe a little to YA for me. I ran across Dietland in my Kindle suggested readings. I ordered the sample, then purchased and proceeded to stay up way too late last night reading. When the kids finally fell asleep I still did not want to put it down and go to bed. Yes, that is a cupcake that looks like a grenade, and no this is not a book about dieting. Make sure you read some reviews before you pick this up. Lets just say there are a group of women in this story known as JENNIFER and they are a tad angry at society and how women are treated.
– We are getting ready to have our second Family Movie Night, (Big Hero Six) in a few weeks. I can’t wait, we are going all out for my nine year-old. I found these t-shirts on ebay, and mugs that can be personalized on Etsy. We are making homemade Baymax pizza, popcorn, and shaping Baymax out of clay. Should be a fun night.
I think this summer is off to great start. What are you planning that is special?