Disclosure: This post contains referral links.
Love with Food
May 2015 Tasting Box Review-Fiesta! Fiesta!
Cost: $12/Tasting or $19.95/ Deluxe
Ships to US and APO/FPO/DPO addresses.
Coupon: Click Here to receive your first box for only $2.00 or Click HERE and use promo code: GRAD2015 at checkout to receive $20 off a 12-Month Subscription.
– Love with Food offers subscribers several different type of snack lover boxes including Gluten Free and Deluxe. Qualitytimes7 subscribes to the tasting box. One of the best parts of this subscription is that with each box purchased Love with Food gives a meal to a charitable organization. They also keep you up to date as to where they are donating.
– Love with Food delivers natural and organic snacks to your doorstep each month. If you find something you love you can purchase the items at members only discounted prices.
– Each month Love with Food curates a themed box and includes coupons, and an insert explaining all of your products. The May Box was Fiesta! Fiesta! and included the following nine items:
Item One: Inka Corn by Inka Crops
These naturally crisp corn kernels are dressed with sea salt and have mild chile taste. Very easy on the palate if you do not like spicy foods. They reminded me of big corn pops.
Items Two and Three: PB Thins by Bell Plantation and Hibiscus Creamed Honey by Vintage Bee
– I have yet to try either of these items. This box was so full that i could not get to everything, even with the kids help. I need to look into if PB thins is part of the PB2 line. I love putting that powder in my smoothies. The honey looks fantastic and I think I want to try it on a homemade scone with tea.
Items Four and Five: Spinach & Kale Corn Chips by the Better Chip and Educational Snacks by Dick & Jane Baking Company.
– We have received Better Chips in the past and really like them. Spinach and Kale chips really concerned me in terms of taste but in the end I really enjoyed them. I also like that these are gluten free and Non GMO. The fat content is a little high, the bag has 14 grams of fat (7 per serving). Also, even though they are made with Spinach and Kale, the largest ingredient is corn.
– Smart Educational Snacks are a favorite of my younger kids. As soon as B saw what was in the box she grabbed these first and finished the whole bag without giving my son a chance to eat one. I have not received these cookies outside of subscriptions and need to look into where I can purchase some. I really liked that the cookies had both English and Spanish words.
Items Six and Seven (Eight if you consider each candy is a separate flavor): Smooze! Pink Guava and Coconut Fruit Ice, Blood Orange Candy by Go Organics and Iced Mango Mint Candy by Go Organics.
– I put my Smooze! in the freezer to try this evening. Smooze! has plenty of Vitamin C but all natural ingredients, no preservatives, gluten and dairy free and no high fructose corn syrup. It looks yummy but my package was pretty beaten up. Not sure if this occurred during shipping. There are no holes so it should be fine to eat and I am looking forward to it.
Update 3/17: I had to share my Smooze! frozen ice with everyone. We all ate it and immediately looked up where we can buy it. With summer coming these are perfect.
– Candy by Go organics is gluten-free, dairy-free and 100% organic. So far I tried the Mango Mint and it was good.
Item Nine: Lemon Burst Cookies by Homefree
– I actually forgot to take a picture of these before my son ate them. I had to appease him after B ate the Smart cookies. He loved these cookies. I took a small taste and they were great, a little lemon cookie burst.
Value: It is very difficult to estimate a value for this box because the items are all sample sizes. That being said, I think the value is more than there and it is always great to try new nutritious snacks, especially for the kids.
What do you think of Love with Food? Don’t forget that there are two possible coupon options above.