At the end of the work week I like to reflect on what was accomplished, exciting, negative and just memorable. This week was eventful because:
– I have had several insane weeks but this weeks was up there on the crazy meter. As of two days ago I have braces! My husband is making fun of my lisp. I am so glad I went with Invisalign as you can barely see there is anything there. They did not warn me that I would have a dull uncomfortable ache, that borderlines on painful. They also did not warn me that I would have tongue sores from my tongue touching the retainers. The things we do for aesthetics.
– From mid April to the end of May our school year comes to an end and my students seem to experience burn out. I am feeling a bit burned out myself. Looking forward to two days off this weekend and I will most likely just stay in my pjs and cook great meals for the kids and husband.
– Yesterday I worked a thirteen hour day. We had a department meeting in the morning, school day, and then parent-teacher conferences. The parents I need to come the most never do and it has been a bit challenging.
– Taxes! My taxes were filed in February but I ran in to a bit of a problem this year with my husbands. Now I have to amend mine and re-do his, not to mention I owe some money…ugh
– I knew about a year ago that March through May was going to be rough. I am holding strong but I am looking forward to a few weeks just chilling at home with my little ones. I am thinking about signing up for a photography class at a local college so that I can take better pictures—if you follow this blog you know that pictures are not always my strong suit. Not to mention I am going to Italy and Greece next March! Talk about beautiful shots.
Hope you had a great week!