Ships: United States and Canada
Coupon: To receive $10.00 off just click here and sign up!!!
Disclosure: This post contains referral links.
– I was so happy to receive my Koala Crate this week since I was gone for most of the weekend. Sundays are always fun when we can open up a Kiwi or Koala crate and have quality time. Koala Crate is a newer subscription that is part of the Kiwi Family. It is for ages 3-4, and I find both my four and two-year-old really enjoy this particular crate. I plan on doing a review very soon on their Tinker Crate with my 9 year-old.
– The theme this month was bugs and as always included two crafts and supplies, Imagine magazine, and bonus activities. I really loved this month because my daughter kept running around the house shouting “symmetrical.” I could not believe that she understood what that meant but, I actually think she gets its. Not only did we focus on making our wings symmetrical, we also worked on shapes, colors, following directions and learning about insects. I loved every second of our time together.
Activity One: Our “almost” symmetrical bug wings.
– B had a bit of fun towards the end and I wanted to encourage her to be creative. I had to help her unpeel the stickers and form the patterns but it was low on the messiness scale and did not take much time.
Activity Two:Bug antennae.
– This was easy to put together but we did run into an issue; when I put the straw through one of the circles, the circle ripped instantly. Be very gentle putting this one together. I put the headband together and then B used our leftover stickers to decorate the band. She thought of that herself, and I have to say I was a bit proud.
Activity Three: Matching Bug Card and Eye Viewer
– What a hit with both kids. Luckily A was sleeping when we pulled these out, so B was able to get her fill before he woke up. As soon as my 2-year-old woke up, he immediately commandeered these cards and the viewer. I enjoyed matching the bugs based on color and pattern. The viewer was a nice added touch that both kids enjoyed.
– I have not consistently picked up Koala Crate but found that I am disappointed the months we do not get a crate. I think I am ready to purchase a year subscription. If you would like to try your first kit for only $10.00 click here for my personal invitation. Upon sign-up you will have to cancel or they will keep billing your card. I have had no problem pausing or canceling in the past.
-What do you think!