Today is a marvelous Monday because:
– Starbucks Tiramasu latte is back and I need to get out and try it.
– I am watching the little ones love on some Red Velvet Oreos. They were finally marked down at our local store.
– I was fit for Invisalign, after some not so pleasant dental work that included filing down some of my teeth. Even though my face felt like a chipmunk for about five hours, I am so excited to finally be straightening my bottom teeth. I had no idea what to expect today. For some reason we had to keep re-doing my bottom impression. I felt so bad, it cost the dental office $25.00 each time they had to do the impression again, and it took us five times before they felt comfortable sending it out. At least they were thorough. I go back in six weeks to get the bonds and fitted. Will keep you all updated. My top teeth are straight but my bottoms needed straightening. Also, as I get older I wanted to make sure that I did not let my teeth slip. It only took 20 years to finally get my teeth fixed, lol.
– Sam Schuerman (She sold a special Meme Box over the holidays) has documented her experiences with Invisalign; I may have to check it out and you can by clicking on her name.
– The teachers and administrators I work with are constantly challenging me in terms of ideas and what the definition of a community truly means.
– All my grades are due tomorrow as I transition from the second to third sessions. The good news, I only have one class to finish grading, the bad; my brain feels like it is about to explode. I am reading brief after brief as I try to develop ideas for our final Speech and Debate topic of the season: RESOLVED: Just governments out to ensure food security for their citizens. I am reading more about libertarianism, Rawls, Nozick, Mills, the WTO and FAO than I ever thought I would in a lifetime. Also ran in to Positive and Negative rights as a philosophy. My mind feels blown, cannot even imagine how my students feel. Districts is this week so I will be busy, but will get back as soon as I can.
– I am using GrubHub for the first time tonight and I have to say I am impressed, but think their prices are a little over the top. I guess that is what you get for having great food delivered and no, I am not in my underwear. So much easier when kids are younger and they may go crazy in a restaurant….well at least mine do. I will put up some pictures later.
Hope your all having a great day. I have still not received so many February boxes; it is pretty disappointing. I know the storm has caused delays. I leave for China a week from this Saturday and I hope that I will have them before I go. Looks like I may be blogging many February and March at the same time.