Disclosure: This post contains referral or affiliate links.
Ships to US and APO/FPO addresses
Coupon: Click Here and type SAVEMEHALF at checkout to receive your first box for half price!
–Each bluum box is hand-packed for each bluum mom with products that are based on your child’s age, gender and developmental stage. I purchased this box for A for his birthday and I thought it would be interesting to compare it with Citrus Lane, one of our favorites. You can see my November Citrus Lane review by clicking here.
– The box looked great with no sign of dents. I received this box on 11/20/14.
– My initial reaction among opening was concern as I only saw one item for A, the rest were more geared towards dealing with cold and flu season. Once I dug a little deeper I saw a book at the bottom of the box as well.
Item One: Bath Time Dolphin Flute ($9).
– A and B have been fighting over this dolphin since last night and it has not yet even made it into the tub. I really need to get two boxes at this point but, they probably would not arrive on the same day and it would not resolve this issue.
Items Two and Three: Boogie Mist ($7) and Soothie Suckers ($9) (Nasal Support)
– These items and the boogie wipes below really make me feel like this box was just thrown together with extras that were lying around. Normally, bluum sends you upon receipt of your box an information sheet by email that gives a price break down of your items. They do not include an information sheet inside the actual box. I did receive an email but it did not include three of my items. I figured that the boxes were not consistent and I really dislike when companies send out different items to different people.
Item Four: Boogie Wipes (Made with Natural Saline) Travel Pack ($9)
Item Five: Clean it!
– I could not get a price on this book as I couldn’t find it anywhere. It is visually stunning and the pages are tough enough to withstand a 2-year-old. What is concerning is the story really does not make a lot of sense, at least from an educational perspective. B did enjoy looking at the pictures though and I made the story my own as we talked about messes and why we need to pick up after ourselves.
– Overall, this months bluum box was a bit confusing for me. The items were all in fine condition, and the kids did like the dolphin and book, but I am disappointed in the choices. I try to give boxes a few months before I cancel. When I look at other similar subscriptions, this box seems thrown together and very impersonal, very different from my box last month. I may switch to a four-year- old box for my daughter, and give this another month or two.
What do you think?