Disclosure: This post contains referral links.
Shipping: US and Canada and some military addresses
– Ipsy is a wonderful subscription that sends 4-6 deluxe size samples out each month along with a make up bag that matches the theme of the month. The picture above shows the November theme girl meets GLITTER and my 4-year-old snatched the sparkly silver bag and made it her own immediately upon the opening of the box. It is a beautiful bag but the contents were what had me smiling.
Item One: Be a Bombshell Eye Base in Submissive ($14)
– My Glam room showed the above picture but in reality the base is a gorgeous creamy gold shimmer and it is perfect for the holidays or every day. I actually wore it to work on Friday. It feels great going on and I think this is my favorite eye base so far ever!
Item Two: Bye Bye Under Eye (full size .28 retails $24/sample is .11)
– Amazing does not even begin to describe this under eye coverage. I also wore this to work yesterday, and I plan to pick up more after my sample is out. I do have bags, especially with the many sleepless nights we have in this house. Ipsy picked the perfect color (medium) and I cannot recommend this enough. One suggestion, read the directions before applying. I put way too on and had to figure out how to blend while in a hurry to get to work.
Item Three: J. Cat Beauty Wonder Lip Paint in Red Potion ($4.99)
– Wonder Lip Paint reminded me a lot of a recent lip stain which I loved. I was so excited when I opened this box and saw the color. I had thought based on my Glam room that I was receiving the pink shade. I have black hair, dark eyes and I am really pale; pinks just don’t look right 90% of the time.
Item Four: Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Hairspray (Full size retails $8.29 for 9.0 oz/I received a 1.5 oz sample.
– I normally do not wear hairspray, but I did appreciate that this was sulfate free. I looked in to the product a lot more and realized that this shields your hair from frizz and humidity and is keratin infused. I am not sure I really need this in the winter months but it would be great in the summer. I will have to take a look at the expiration.
Item Five: Temptu S/B Highlighter in Pink Pearl (Full Size $27.50). I received a very small sample, .1 fl oz.
– Temptu is a highlighter that goes on sheer and produces a contouring effect. I have received numerous highlighters in the last few months and they baffle me slightly. I do appreciate that Ipsy explains how to use the highlighter and I just may have to give this a try.
Here are 3 quick and simple tips using just a few drops of S/B Highlighter in Pink Pearl:
CONTOURING HIGHLIGHTS for Cheeks
STEP ONE: Place a couple drops on your fingertips.
STEP TWO: Lightly dab onto the apples of the cheeks to highlight the cheekbone area.
STEP THREE: Blend upward, toward the temples, for a glowing look.
CONTOURING HIGHLIGHTS for Nose & Forehead
STEP ONE: Place a drop in-between your eyebrows.
STEP TWO: Sweep up toward the hairline blending outward from the central point.
STEP THREE: Apply down the bridge of the nose a light-reflecting contour to define and sculpt.
STEP ONE: Add three drops to a pump of body lotion.
STEP TWO: Rub between your hands to blend together.
STEP THREE: Apply where you normally would, paying special attention to your best assets.
– Overall I am very pleased with the Ipsy girl meets GLITTER glam bag. I found items in this months box that I would actually be willing to purchase. I am very careful what I spend money on but some products are worth it and I love that i can try products first and not waste money. It is hard to believe that I received all of these items for only $10. I am trying to age gracefully, not just age and Ipsy helps me to reach that goal.
– I also purchase a subscription for my 22-year-old daughter and have it sent to her each month. It kind of cracks me up. I may not hear from her for a week or two and then all of a sudden I will get a picture of her with her Ipsy products on. I love the smile she gets on her face. I am continuing a year subscription for her as a holiday gift. If you would like to see another Ipsy review just click here.
What do you think of this months Ipsy?