Disclosure this post contains referral links.
Home Sweet Homespun Limited Edition Box/ $40 ($96 value).
Cost: $10/monthly (women), $20/monthly Birchbox Man
Shipping: US and various other countries have their own version.
Coupon: Click here and use Code CRBGIFT to add a free Cynthia Rowley Beauty Game Face Eyeshadow Pallette ($40 value) or use code ESGIFT to receive a free For Earnest Shaving Kit.
*Note you can also add a Mystery Bag to your order when you purchase anything over $35.00. You must treat this as if you are buying it. I received a deluxe sample of Vasanti BrightenUp and a sample of Hairkop Essence intensive Nourishing Shampoo.
- I have put off purchasing Birchbox because I already subscribe to similar services. I realized, as I tried to figure out what to purchase my sons for the holidays, that there are very few subscriptions for male young adults. Birchbox is one of a select few that offers quality male grooming and lifestyle products. Trying to make this blog inclusive to both genders I figured I would give this company a chance, and so far I am so impressed that I am gifting a year of Birchbox Man for one of my sons.
- The box is very pretty and very large with no sign of distress. I can definitely reuse the box with some fancy tape to send my out of state gifts.
- Upon opening the box, it appeared the contents barely shifted. However, while writing this review I realized I was missing the Cowshed Lip Balm. In fact, I was not missing it at all, it had just shifted to the bottom of the box underneath the crinkles. Make sure to look through your full box, it is deep.
- The box contains a nothing fancy insert that went over each product. I appreciate the list in case I have any questions. I knew what items were coming ahead of time and everything looks great.
Item One: Milk Bar Cornflake-Chocolate-Chip-Marshmallow Cookie Mix ($16)
- I am putting off baking these cookies for a few days. Coming out of Halloween we have had a bit too many treats but, I can honestly say I am excited to give these a try. Corn flakes, chocolate and marshmallow, sounds so yummy and I am sure we will find the perfect rainy day.
Item Two: Meri Meri The Little Garden Treat Kit ($13)
- The Little Garden Treat Kit was one of the reasons I purchased this box. I plan to use these for teacher gifts. I am in a weird situation where my son goes to the school I teach at, and I really want to show my colleagues that I appreciate what they are doing for our family. I have plans, but they are a secret.
Item Three: Illume Mini Tin Soy Candle in Noble Currant ($9)
- I have received a lot of candles in boxes this year. I want to gift this, but the scent is so perfect for Thanksgiving dinner that I am considering using it. The outside design is very pretty and my picture does not do it justice.
Item Four: Soak Handmaid Luxury Hand Cream in Fig ($10)
Item Five: Askinosie Chocolate Single Origin Sipping Chocolate ($4.50)
Item Six: Richer Poorer Socks ($12)
- Whenever I get lip gloss or hand lotion, my four-year old lights up and has to be the first to try it. I was pleasantly pleased with how moisturized my hands felt after my first application. Soak seems like a great product for the upcoming winter months. The scent is not my favorite but anyone who reads my blog knows that I am very picky when it comes to scents.
- I am shocked to receive yet again another $12 pair of socks. It is the price tag that interests me. The color is out there but it is still fun, and I know I always need socks. The sipping chocolate is handcrafted in Honduras with cocoa beans and has small morsels that melt in your cup. It is made with organic cane sugar and will make a decadent treat.
Item Seven: Makerskit Hanging Photo Clips Complete Project Kit ($24)
- I am very excited to create a photo collage of the kids with these clips. I am going to put it behind my desk at work.
Item Eight: Cowshed Lippy Cow Natural Lip Balm ($8)
- I borrowed this picture from Amazon after realizing I missed the product in my box all together. Cowshed lippy cow felt so great when I put it on, and it has a pleasant scent. I think this may be a new favorite natural lip balms.
Overall, I think this was a wonderful limited edition box with a great value. I will use all of the products and the only item I am so so about is the socks but, they will go to great use. I also purchased the original Birchbox and Birchbox Man as a gift and will review those upon receipt. There is a waiting list for the holiday boxes along with a gift card for a full year. I am hoping a spot will open up for one of my sons. The holiday shop is now open.
What do you think? Is Birchbox in your future?