POPSUGAR Must Have
Ships to United States
Coupon: Use coupon code REFER5 at checkout to receive $5 off your first box.
- I am actually pretty excited to receive this right around the time I head to Paris.
– Dominique Ansel is the chef and owner of Dominique Ansel Bakery in New York City. Since its opening in November of 2011, the chef’s eponymous bakery was awarded Time Out New York’s “Best New Bakery of 2012” and Metromix’s “Best Bakery of 2012,” all within four months of opening its doors. Today, it is also Zagat 2013’s highest ranked bakery.
– Prior to starting his own business, Dominique became well-known in New York as the executive pastry chef at Daniel, Daniel Boulud’s flagship French restaurant. During his six years there (the longest tenure of any pastry chef at Daniel), Dominique was part of the team that led the restaurant to receive its first four-star New York Times rating, three Michelin stars, and James Beard’s Outstanding Restaurant of the Year Award in 2010.
– In 2013, Dominique was nominated a finalist for the “Outstanding Pastry Chef” award by the James Beard Foundation. He was named one of the “Top 10 Pastry Chefs in the United States” by Dessert Professional magazine in 2009. And in 2010, Dominique was subsequently chosen by Time Out New York as one of the city’s “Top Ten Pastry Chefs You Need to Know.” Perhaps what has most widely been reported is Chef’s creation of the Cronut™, a croissant and doughnut hybrid that has been reported on throughout the world.
– Before coming to New York, Dominique spent seven years at the venerable French bakery Fauchon, where he was in charge of international expansion. He has helped Fauchon set up shops around the world, including Russia, Egypt, and Kuwait.