Disclosure: This post contains affiliate/referral links.
At the end of the work week I like to reflect on what was accomplished, exciting, negative and just memorable. This week was eventful because:
- Fall Break is here. My Ky is home from college, I sent Kaitlyn (22) a big package and was able to sit down and have a long conversation with her about her Ipsy Glam Bag and life, and I am catching up with the house, kids and everything else that needs to be done.
- As I was choosing what subscription to get my husband this holiday. I kept returning to Verbal from Fancy Box. My husband is a bit eccentric and loves everything about Japanese Pop Culture. He saw me looking and informed me that he used to adore Verbal and has all his CD’s from his Teriyaki boyz days. I feel like I hit the holiday jackpot and you all will get to see the reviews 🙂
- Out of the blue a student’s mother asked me if I would like to use a Keurig this year in my classroom. I don’t think I could reply yes fast enough. I went to our local grocery chain (Reasors) and they had almost half an isle dedicated to K cups. I had no idea they had become so popular and come in such a large variety. I purchased a new brand of K cup because they were on sale and as I am typing I am sipping on a Gevalia Mocha Latte. All I can say is YUM!
- I have found numerous recipes that call for coconut sugar and coconut oil. I am still researching safe alternatives to sugar and I may give coconut a try. I found both at Sam’s Club which is a huge plus because I can buy in bulk.
- Fall Festival is coming! I have the little ones Wizard of OZ costumes ready to go. We have a big festival every year at the school I teach at and I bring the family. I sponsor two groups and we put together two separate booths. One of my clubs runs the design your own coffee/tea/hot chocolate bar and the other runs a booth with candy from around the world, and has a “guess how many” candy display where participants guess the amount in large jars by purchasing tickets. Winners get to take home the jars. We also are in charge of the Costume Competition and last years prize was a Loot Crate Subscription.
Other than my little one giving us a scare and having pneumonia, this week has been pretty great. How was your week?