Today is yet another marvelous Monday because…..
- It is official, I will be in Paris over Thanksgiving for four days and I couldn’t be more excited. This is a business trip where I will be touring non-stop. I feel like I hit the jackpot- China and Paris in a single year. So happy I bought the new camera. I will say I have never left the little ones, ever..so I am a bit nervous there.
- Fall Break is in two days! I have a four day weekend and I am ready to do a deep cleaning and complete major organizational projects around the house. I have been trying to set up my house for the little ones using Montessori principals. I will be discussing different approaches to education over the next several months in a series of book reviews.
- I have chosen November’s Book Review if anyone would like to join me….
- Synopsis: Having six out of ten kids go to college is no small feat on its own, but having six kids in college by the age of twelve— that’s nothing short of incredible. Meet Kip and Mona Lisa Harding, high school sweethearts whose simple homeschooling method produced exactly those extraordinary results. Kip and Mona Lisa are parents to an engineer (who earned her BS in mathematics at 17), an architect (who finished her five-year program at 18 and became the youngest member of the American Institute of Architects), a Navy physician (who earned her biology degree at 17), an entrepreneur (who earned a BA in English at 15 and an MS in computer science at 17), a 15-year-old college senior studying music theory and performance, a 12-year-old Middle Ages scholar with the highest average in his college class, and four others who are following fast in their siblings’ footsteps! No wonder the family is so used to being asked: How did you do it?
- I plan on also reviewing The Well Educated Mind and a book on Montessori at home in the upcoming months. On Thursday (10/23) I am putting up the Trim Healthy Mama review. I want to make sure I have tried enough recipes to make it meaningful. So far we have tried a few breakfasts, no lunches, many dinners and one snack. Hoping to get a lunch or two in before the review.
- Although this happened last night, it has me smiling all day. It is cold enough for footed pj’s and my kids were running around like there was no tomorrow (at ten at night).