At the end of the work week I like to reflect on what was accomplished, exciting, negative and just memorable. This week was very productive because:
- I took J and Kev for their well visits and they received shots. J had a high fever last night and I am wondering if it was a reaction to the flu shot. He seems to be doing better today.
- I survived Baileigh wanting my attention every morning before work and until she passes out at night. It makes my evenings a little difficult because I have more kids then just her and, yet I wonder if it is weird that I feel slightly flattered that she desires my attention so much. We do have fun in a three year old sort of way and when she sees me and yells Mama like I am the best thing in the world, it just melts my heart.
- The temperature dropped over 20 degrees and the weather is finally cool enough to go outside and not feel like you are sweating to death. I could not be happier that fall is here. I grew up in the snow belt so this southern weather kills me at times.
- I spent a lot of time reflecting on my work environment and reached some strong conclusions. I work in a sort of micro community. You see the same people every day and their strengths and weakness are very open. I have worked with the same crew now for over five years and as weird as this sounds I think I like them more and more each day.
- I have chosen my Speech and Debate team for the year. Tryouts were today after school.
- I received an amazing care package from my mother full of gorgeous clothes for me and the babies. I will never be too old to love mail from my mom.
- I can successfully argue that my students who love Anime are actually very intelligent to do so. A lot of people think it is a waste of time and I will admit for awhile I was on the fence, but after watching some films and looking at the beautiful artwork they create or fashions they design, I truly believe this is an amazing, self-empowerment tool for teens. If you have doubts, I am happy to debate you 😉
- I really have not had any time to read, watch TV or do anything relaxing this week. Blogging is taking all the free time I have and I may have to figure out how to balance a little better. In a way I find blogging really relaxing.
- I made my phone calls and handled everything on my to do list.
- I forgot to put that date night that I have been talking about for weeks with my husband on my to do list and yet I am okay with that. Things are great with my marriage. We try to make everything fun and it seems to be working, date nights are not always needed.
- My mother in law finally made a face book. I know her kids have been bothering her about it for three years!
I hope you have had a great work week and will have a wonderful weekend.